There are many factors that could have caused this, but at the moment it doesn't matter if it was root rot, fungal conks, or included bark in a poor crotch that should've been cabled. It could have been that area around the trunk flare that you noticed moving and heaving during the last storm. Maybe some pruning that should've been done to allow air movement through the canopy. At this point in time you just need it off the house or shed.
Strobert Tree Services offers emergency services just for these situations, bucket trucks, log trucks, chippers, anything you may need can be at your location quickly. Give us a call on our 24/7 emergency line and we will be on your site to assess your situation as quickly as possible! We can bring you the help you need to start restoring your life.
Things you should be looking out for.
- Fungal conks at the base of the tree. These are tell tail signs that there is major decay.
- Branches starting to break out of the tree.
- Movement in the soil around the base of the tree.
- Construction that has caused damage to the root zone of the tree.
- A tree that has developed a heavy lean over the last year.
*Note: If your neighbors tree has fallen on your property, and possibly your home, remember your insurance company is responsible for covering that damage. Likewise if your tree has fallen on their home, their insurance is responsible for the damage.